People show an increasing tendency towards having their very own wind turbines for generating their very own electricity and also for reducing their contribution to environmental problems as a result of carbon based energy sources.
Wind turbines and their operation
A wind turbine is actually a machine that can convert the kinetic energy in the wind into electrical energy. Blowing wind rotates the blades of the turbine and also the mechanism in it can generate electricity upon this rotation. Wind turbines have mainly two types. Horizontal axis and vertical axis wind turbines. They both have benefits and drawbacks but horizontal axis ones are definitely more common as a result of higher efficiency.
Individual wind turbines
Individual turbines can be applied for many different purposes starting from supplying energy for some small electrical devices where grid connection is not possible to meeting area of the energy demand of a property, a farm or even a production facility. Individual generation systems can be standalone or grid connected. The energy output coming from a standalone China Wind Generator can be directly used. However, in grid connected systems excess electricity produced can be supplied for the national grid system. In Ireland, you will possess possiblity to be purchased the excess electricity you supply to the grid approximately 500kW. Individual wind turbines can range from as small as 50W to the size of 3 MW, according to their function of use.
Individual wind turbines for domestic use
Unlike large industrial wind turbines, these turbines have smaller dimensions which make them appropriate for using in relatively smaller areas. Their capacities range from no more than 50 watts to as much as 50 kilowatts as well as their prices vary according to their sizes, types and manufacturers.
How to proceed for installing a little wind generation system?
* Initially you have to decide whether you really want a little scale wind turbine for the energy needs. Sometimes just saving some energy can lower your bills however if the reason for considering a small turbine has been in off-grid areas you can proceed to the other steps.
* Inspect your website or maybe your building (for rooftop turbines) to view be it appropriate for installing a wind turbine. You should have enough space to set up a turbine without the wind being blocked by other buildings or obstacles.
* Determine your power needs. Your power bills will probably be your best references.
* Check if the spot you will install your turbine is windy enough. You can always find wind measurement data in wind energy associations’ websites for your area.
* According to your energy requirement as well as the wind potential in your town, decide the ability and type in the turbine you will need.
* Your small scale wind system is expected to get a ROI duration of maximum fifteen years. Economic lifetime of the small wind turbine without changing the key elements is estimated to become about two decades and proper maintenance will increase this. However, maintenance needs of small wind turbines are anticipated to become minimal.
* Get any permits required in your town.
* You will probably need to have a contractor for erection, assembly, electrical connections of your own wind turbine. However, if your turbine is micro scale, you can do these jobs by yourself as well. You can find domestic scale wind turbines and also 400W or 1 kW self installed turbines and accessories on windturbines.ie.
Individual wind turbines for industrial uses, i.e. factory sites
Turbines for industrial uses have capacities between 500kW to 3 MW. It is possible to generate electricity for wind speeds between 3 m/s and 25 m/s. For times that the wind will not be blowing, one can still get electricity through the grid. This will lead to additional revenue as well as your reduced electricity bills.
Steps towards a wind turbine installation inside your factory site:
The steps that should be made for installing an industrial scale wind turbine are approximately exactly like those for installing a domestic turbine. The only real difference is they require more expertise. So it would be a smart idea to require a turnkey service from a specialist company in order never to experience any problems. The stages for any turbine installation are outlined below:
* Wind Measurement: As your annual electricity generation depends mainly on wind speed, this method is of vital importance to be able to forecast your power production. You can never know what you should generate without knowing whatever you have in hand.
* Feasibility studies: This is a detailed study to let you know rskxmv your proposed system will be a feasible project or not.
* Grid connection studies: This step assesses grid connection possibilities to your proposed wind turbine.
* Permission: Planning and installing of your wind turbine will require some permits on planning stage and through installation. Failure to obtain these permits may lead to legal enforcement.
* Project budget planning: What you will have to spend for the wind turbine project from starting to the conclusion is an important item in any kind of planning business.
* Procurement, commissioning and installation: All your equipment and staff needs for any turnkey project.
* Post-sales services: Issues like warranty, technical service, and maintenance.