There are numerous video resources in a lot of formats at this point, and you have to convert them to some certain format so as to play them on some certain device. You should select a video converter first. Because most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications normally have a lot functions featuring in common, it is not easy to make a decision. Actually, there is certainly never your best option there is however always the most appropriate one to meet your needs.
Here we list 5 essential features of video converter software in accordance with most users’ needs and you might wish to have a look when you are looking for a video converter.
1) Support virtually all input and popular output video formats – The very first thing you should learn is whether or not the video converter supports the input formats that you will be converting from and also the output formats that you will be converting to. The supported input formats should contain almost all video formats while the supported output formats needs to include most of Video To Mp3. As an example, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will probably be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and often the formats should be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, because the high definition video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To ensure that you and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you should convert video to correct format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, and so forth. It does not be essential to know those professional details when you purchase some video converter that automatically set all related properties to get the best and directly convert video to your desired target device. Just check out whether the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 System, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Because you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files towards the part you really need. Many video convert tools support trimming video towards the desired clip and a number of them even support cropping. Whether it is possible to trim is also important. Directly setting the start time and end time of the trimmed clip is going to be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that comes in handy when you have many video files, especially big files, to convert. It is possible to learn whether or not the video converter supports batch conversion. However, how about converting speed? Check that whether the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. If it does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It is another great feature time-saving.
5) User friendly – A number of the video convert items are of wizard interface and some offer Microsoft Office style. No matter what the software program is, it needs to be simple to use and user-friendly. That is to state, the video converter you select should cause you to only have to click rather than to type. In addition to thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and also you never need to know the specifics.
What’s more – There are also many other features that you could consider when you are searching for in a video converter, for example, able to preview, support image output, etc.